Exceptional African Wildlife Safari Holiday
Exceptional African Wildlife Safari Holiday Adventure.
Planning your Exceptional African wildlife safari holiday can be a daunting undertaking. There are so many countries and types of Wildlife safari holidays in Africa to choose from all with their own characteristics. But with seclusion in the wilderness, relaxation in the sunshine, adventure in the wilderness and soaking up the sunshine by the Indian Ocean or whatever you want in tourism, an African wildlife safari vacation will make this daunting undertaking memorable in case you decide and make the trip.
Factors to Consider before Traveling.
The factors to consider before traveling includes the travel dates, the composition of your traveling party including the children, your budget, the types of activities you would like to experience, the type of safari accommodation you would prefer whether permanent lodge or tent.
Small Group and Big Group Safaris
Big group safari trips are suitable for so many people while small group safaris are very popular with solo travelers. Safaris with like-minded people and bonding over extraordinary wildlife experiences always brings moments of unforgettable memories. Among group safaris, small group safaris are magnificent for families and mixed generational groups traveling together. These safaris have itineraries that include meals, transfers with 4×4 Custom Safari Trucks and entry fees.
Once you have visited Africa, it will become part of you. This is the reason why people return again and again to this hypnotic land of natural splendor, colorful culture and unbelievable wildlife.
Why go for an African Wildlife Safari Holiday?
- There is a lot of variety: Outside the national parks and reserves, there is so much to be enjoyed. Nowhere else in the world can you have such a high quality safari and beach holiday like you will find in an African safari vacation.
- High quality Accommodation: Africa is famed for its Afro-safari hospitality. For those who haven’t been in Africa before, there is an exceptional and personalized service, creating a really friendly and cozy atmosphere. You can’t get this luxury in so many shapes and forms anywhere in the world as you can in Africa.
- Culture: Africa is culturally and linguistically rich in its people and traditions. You can spend a lot of time talking with the staff at the lodges and learning their local language if you like. There is so much opportunity to learn from Africa due to the extremely high levels of hospitality and the friendliness of the local people.
- Africa offers a truly one of a kind experience: There are things you can do in Africa which the rest of the world simply cannot match. Take the dramatic Victoria Falls, beautiful Ngorongoro Crater or the spectacular Great Migration of the 1.5 million wildebeests, all done in close promiscuity with nature.
Countries one can visit for an African Vacation
KENYA, TANZANIA , ZAMBIA, BOTSWANA, NAMIBIA, ZANZIBAR , RWANDA, SOUTH AFRICA, ETHIOPIA, MADAGASCAR, EGYPT, MAURITIUS, MOZAMBIQUE, SEYCHELLES, UGANDA, ZIMBABWE, MALAWI, MALDIVES
Top Safari Holiday Destinations
Our Top 5 Africa destinations
1) If you are looking for a combination of incredible safari and beautiful white beaches, then Tanzania will be your first choice of which the best itinerary is a trip to the wonderful wild Serengeti to witness the formidable Great Migration of wildebeests, then to the raw and isolated Ruaha for complete seclusion and luxury in the wilderness, before ending your trip on to the sandy shores of the Indian Ocean nirvana.
2) Float around one of the world’s best safari destinations Botswana and visit the tranquil and beautiful Okavango Delta teeming with life before hopping over to the dramatic and iconic Victoria Falls.
3) Zambia offers raw, authentic, exciting and active safari activities, with a fantastic combination of Lake Malawi for some unique beach relaxation in the middle of the African bush.
4) South Africa and Mauritius are an amazing combination especially for families depending on where you want to go. You can get away with a non-malarial medicated trip. Not to mention that they are both extremely luxurious and spoilt with magnificent beaches and nature safaris.
5) Tanzania and Rwanda both offer a first class Africa safari holiday itinerary beginning with your journey in Rwanda, trekking the rare and unbelievable mountain gorillas, which will offer you an extremely grounding and special experience. Then, move on to Tanzania for world class pristine beaches and great safari.
The cost of an African wildlife Safari Holiday
Safaris are considerably expensive and more expensive in Southern Africa (approx. $700-$1,500 per person per night) than in East Africa (approx. $400-$1,000 per person per night). Generally between 3 to 6 nights on a safari is recommended. Safaris can also be tiring because of early starts and long distances hence you need to weigh up the safari against the rest of your itinerary and decide how to split both your time and budget.
The best time to take an Africa Wildlife Safari Holiday
Safari holidays in Africa are basically an all year destination however when to go depends on what you are looking at doing or seeing and going to. Eastern Africa Safari Holidays should be avoided in April and May as this is the rainy season however if one is looking for a true safari adventure and don’t mind getting stuck in the mud every now and then you can still have an amazing Africa holiday for at low season prices. The best time for the safari and the beach is generally between June and October as this is the dry season where the temperature is hot for your relaxation and also for wild life safaris which will be easier to find at this time of the year.
What are the standards of Accommodation like in Africa?
Africa has a good range of accommodation to choose from according to ones budget and personal taste which include mobile safari camps, small tented camps, permanent safari lodges, large hotels and luxury safari lodges. Tented safari camps are extremely luxurious often with private plunge pools and all the mod cons you could ever wish for while the semi-permanent mobile safari camps that track the path of the migration are a little more basic. For beach holidays generally boutiques are preferred options as opposed to the big hotels. As a rule a tailored safari holiday to suit a visitor will usually cost no more than a package safari tour.
Activities to do on an Africa Wildlife Safari Vacation
The types of activities available while on safari vacation vary slightly between countries and areas. The following are a few of our favorite activities to be enjoyed on an Africa Safari vacation.
1) Gorilla trekking in Rwanda or Uganda is one of the most awe-inspiring nature experiences in the world because of the encounter with the human-like gorillas which have an intimidating and immense strength. Nothing quite compares to this and if you are after a truly memorable Africa Safari Holiday to treasure this is one of it.
2) For your relaxation on the beach, then go wildlife watching under the turquoise veil of the Indian Ocean then have an amazing opportunity to snorkel with quite literally the biggest fish in the sea which sits just off the coast of Tanzania on Mafia Island.
3) If you love a sense of adventure and are seduced by Africa’s unique nature, then this is the best way to immerse yourself fully into the wild while sleeping under the stars with only a mosquito net between you and the big wild and unruly African wilderness.
4) For those who really appreciate Mother Nature, a helicopter ride over one of the 7 wonders of the world, the Victoria Falls can be breath taking and is also very popular with honeymooners.
5) Cape Town which is found in South Africa in the southern part of Africa provides something completely different If you love isolation and a calming countryside, but also fancy a city break as well. Enjoy world class food in Michelin star restaurants before heading to the Wine Regions after a short drive to sip on some of the best vines one will ever taste.